To develop, sometimes you must fall apart. Often, we discover more about ourselves when our true mental guts are pushed beyond their comfort zone and into the do-or-die realm. And at every corner there are fierce obstacles and opponents who know no mercy. But in the end, it all comes down to a simple question:
Does the suit make the man or does the man make the suit?
Here I bring you IRON MAN 3 WORK-OUT, for this you will need weights of 5 to 15 kilos (the weight will vary between exercises for strength levels) and a stability ball.
Instructions to follow: Do a complete tabata circuit (20 seconds per exercise, 10 seconds rest) for each exercise with 30-60 seconds rest between rounds.
Duration: approximately 30 minutes
Exercises to perform
- Justin Hammer Holds: Standing, hold 2 weights fully extended in front of your body, palms facing each other at shoulder height and HOLD. Feel it burn!
- War machines: weights in hand, do a burpee with a shoulder press, using the weights as handles when you fall.
- Doctor Doom Diggers: Stand on a wide squat so the weights hang down between your legs. When you return to the standing position, raise the dumbbell in front of you and keep your arms fully extended. Bring the weights to your waist and repeat in one smooth motion!
- Controller Rollers: Holding the weights like handles, complete a Jack-knife, (a V crunch for abdomen), with the feet on a stability ball.
- Pepper Punchers: Holding the weights in a lowered squat, punch in front of you, alternating weights as fast as you can while maintaining control.
- Mandarin Mountain Climbers: Start climbing mountains and add a flex after every 4 knee drives.
- Bonus Points: Complete a 1 minute Pepper Potts table to finish your workout.
As you move to the end, you will discover that you really have the power source. It’s on your chest!